Catalyst 2030 – A Global Movement of Social Change Innovators
The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks. The movement was founded in reponse to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which shows that, at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved nearly 50 years later than the original target in 2074. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration this pace can be greatly accelerated, and that by joining forces greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time scale.
In brief, the movement is operating on every level: local, national, regional and global. It aims to strengthen collaboration across and between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors and governments. The aim is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thereby accelerate the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
We are currently recruiting interns to help to coordinate a variety of initiatives that are commencing around the world as part of this movement. Catalyst 2030 interns have the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to build skills, experience and connections within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation. The communications intern will be a link between LESA Communications and the Catalyst 2030 secretariat on day-to-day report.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in writing and editing diverse documents and concepts for the Chief Facilitator by researching and dictating
- Updating and preparing overviews
- Coordinate and support the social media (SoMe) of the Chief Facilitator (Linkedin & Twitter) including promoting Catalyst 2030 activities, podcasts/interviews she has done/will be doing, and regular blog posts
- Collection of quotes from reports and events to use on tiles for SoMe and other marketing
- SoMe day-to-day posting and monitoring, including regular engagement with content from Catalyst 2030 members
- Content creation (SoMe posts/concepts)
- Draft and write policy briefs and notes with the support of the Chief Facilitator
- Review analytics of SoMe/web/newsletter
- Other ad hoc tasks
Requirements and Skills:
- Finalising or towards the end of your studies, with a strong interest in the SDG’s sustainability, systemic change and social entrepreneurship
- Fluency in English; other languages would be an asset e.g. Spanish, French, etc.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and global environment and demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English; other languages would be an asset e.g. Spanish, French
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required
- Attention to detail, we’ll notice!
- Desire to work collaboratively, we’re a team!
- Sense of humour; the issues are big but we have fun
- Willingness to learn from experiences, positive as well as challenging
- Preferably available immediately, full time for a minimum of six months (preferable)
Catalyst 2030 Offers:
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
- On-the-job training opportunities
- No remuneration costs available
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Yvonne Moholt at email@example.com
*Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the internship is a remote position.*