Would you like to be part of a global movement of changemakers?
The One Family Foundation is a small family foundation with big ambitions, run by one of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs. Our open door policy and collaborative working methods have quickly led to high net worth individuals, organisations and social entrepreneurs joining forces with us to create a network that is enhancing and growing impact across the globe. One Family and its many partners aim to solve social issues to trigger change for the better in the world. We strongly believe collaboration is the key to creating a more equitable world for all citizens, especially the most vulnerable.
The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks. The movement was founded in response to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which shows that, at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved in 2074, nearly 50 years later than the original target. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration, this pace can be greatly accelerated, and that by joining forces greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time scale.
The movement operates on every level: local, national, regional and global. It aims to strengthen collaboration between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs, impact investors and governments. The aim is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and so accelerate the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
Who we’re looking for
We are currently recruiting interns to help coordinate a variety of initiatives that are commencing around the world as part of our movement. The interns will provide support to local chapters in Africa. One Family offers interns the opportunity to work with young people from various countries and to challenge themselves within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation.
This is a remote position.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate several initiatives, with a focus on impact investment and oriented funding, cross-sector collaboration, systems change in general, social entrepreneurship and the SDGs.
- Assist in producing and editing diverse documents, in different languages.
- Updating and preparing overviews.
- Support the coordination of the movement’s different regional and country approaches.
- Ensure the correct management of membership data and information.
- Coordinate/support internal and external activities (local or international meetings, travel and other logistics, drafting and editing of minutes, presentations and partners’ communications via email or telephone).
- Other ad hoc tasks.
Requirements and Skills
- Finalising or nearing the end of your studies (ideally a Master’s Degree), with a strong interest in the SDG’s sustainability, systemic change and social entrepreneurship.
- Fluency in English. Other languages would be an asset, for example Arabic, Portuguese, French etc.
- Internationally oriented.
- Good communication and social skills with the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required.
- Strong interest in Asian and Oceanian regional issues.
- Preferably available immediately for a minimum of six months (part-time negotiable).
Our Family offers
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment.
- On-the-job training opportunities.
- No remuneration costs available.
How to apply?
To apply email your CV and letter of motivation in English to email@example.com.
* As per our global recruitment policy, this is a remote position.