Would you like to be part of a global movement of changemakers?
Catalyst 2030 is a global movement of more than 1,400 social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks of social innovators. The movement was founded in response to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which showed at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) would only be achieved in 2074. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration this pace can be accelerated. By joining forces, greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time.
The network operates locally, nationally, regionally and globally. It aims to strengthen collaboration across and between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors, business and governments. Our goal is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thereby accelerate the impact that will help to achieve the SDGs by 2030.
About the internship
Catalyst 2030 offers the intern the opportunity to work with young people from around the world, and to be challenged to grow professionally within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation. The ideal candidate is a masters student or a graduate with a background in international relations / affairs, international law, international development, social sciences or similar.
The Collaborations Team is responsible for enabling collaborative action, firstly among social entrepreneurs and secondly with other stakeholders who are focused on systems change, such as donors/funders, the private sector and governments at local, national and international level.
- Supporting collaboration meetings, from calendar planning and agenda setting to taking minutes and sending follow-up emails
- Coordinating, advertising, and organising monthly events for our membership that enable them to learn practical skills for collaboration
- Maintaining our community platform, Zoho, to engage and inform members
- Updating and sourcing content for our Collaborations Resource guidebook
- Editing content, liaising with members, and coordinating with our website team for monthly updates to the collaborations page of the Catalyst 2030 Website
- Coordinating relations with members within the Catalyst 2030 network
- Working closely with the team planning, organising and coordinating strategic engagement at international conferences and events
- Working with other teams across the Catalyst 2030 Secretariat
- Other ad hoc tasks
Requirements and Skills
- An active interest in global issues and challenges, their complexities and nuances
- Preferably finalising or recently completed academic studies
- Proactive in seeking out solutions and pre-empting challenges
- Keen ability to work in a multicultural and global digital environment and demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and across time zones
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to changing environments
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn from experience
- Desire to work collaboratively in a team, with a positive attitude and ability to rise to challenges
- Fluency in English and another language/s
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to help out and show flexibility if required
- Flexibility and open-mindness to easily adapt to new tasks and assignments given at short notice
- Preferably available immediately, full time for a minimum of six months
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment, on-the-job training opportunities and experience within an international network
- The ability to organise and coordinate personal projects to improve the work of the organisation
- Six month internship contract
- Pleasant working atmosphere with a small, dedicated team
- An opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious social entrepreneurs and innovators
How to apply?
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com
Applications without a supporting letter that demonstrates how you meet the profile requirements will not be considered.
*The internship is a remote working position*