Would you like to be part of a global movement of changemakers?
Catalyst 2030 is a global movement of more than 1,400 social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks of social innovators. The movement was founded in response to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which showed at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) would only be achieved in 2074. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration this pace can be accelerated. By joining forces, greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time.
The network operates locally, nationally, regionally and globally. It aims to strengthen collaboration across and between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors, business and governments. Our goal is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thereby accelerate the impact that will help to achieve the SDGs by 2030.
About the internship
Catalyst 2030 offers the Intern the opportunity to work with young people from around the world, and to be challenged professionally within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation. The ideal candidate is a bachelor’s student or a graduate with interest in international relations and affairs, with a background in organisational management, finances and human resources.
The Operations Team is responsible for streamlining the operations for the Catalyst 2030 movement, including an effective resource management system for our financial control; an effective governance protocol in place in collaborations with other departments to ensure radical transparency; an effective system for fund disbursement to members and a streamlined movement oriented human resource system. We are looking for an intern who can help support our team with these tasks.
- Supporting the Operations Facilitator with monthly reporting and deliverables based on the targets from the Operational Plan at the Secretariat
- Coordinating and organising jobs and internship adverts, making sure they get posted on the Catalyst 2030 website, recruitment and university websites
- Taking on other HR related administrative tasks
- Working closely with the team planning, organising and coordinating strategic engagement for the Secretariat
- Assist with the planning of training programmes for staff members
- Working with other teams across the Catalyst 2030 Secretariat
- Other ad hoc tasks
Requirements and Skills
- An active interest in global issues and challenges, their complexities and nuances
- Preference for candidates who are busy finalising or have completed their Bachelor’s Degree studies
- Proactive in seeking out solutions and pre-empting challenges
- Ability to work in a multicultural and global digital environment and demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and across time zones
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to changing environments
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn from experience
- Desire to work collaboratively in a team, with a positive attitude and the ability to rise to challenges
- Fluency in English and another language/s
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to help out and show flexibility if required
- Flexibility and open-mindness to easily adapt to new tasks and assignments given at short notice
- Preferably available immediately, full time for a minimum of six months
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment, on-the-job training opportunities and experience within an international network
- The ability to organise and coordinate personal projects to improve the work of the organisation
- 6 month internship contract
- Good working atmosphere with a small and dedicated team
- An opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious social entrepreneurs and innovators
- Between 250 and 500 euros a month if you are not eligible for any other grants, scholarships or have no other financial means
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Paula Conaghan at email@example.com
Applications without a supporting letter that demonstrates how you meet the profile requirements will not be considered.
*Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the internship will be a remote working position*