Catalyst 2030 – A Global Movement of Social Change Innovators
The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks. The movement was founded in response to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which shows that, at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved nearly 50 years later than the original target in 2074. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration this pace can be greatly accelerated, and that by joining forces greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time scale.
In brief, the movement is operating on every level: local, national, regional and global. It aims to strengthen collaboration across and between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors and governments. The aim is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thereby accelerate the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
We are currently recruiting interns to help to coordinate a variety of initiatives that are commencing around the world as part of this movement. Catalyst 2030 interns have the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to build skills, experience and connections within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation.
The Catalyst 2030 Partnerships & Issue-based Advocacy Team is responsible for facilitating member activity to drive policy and advocacy shifts that enable structural and systemic change. It also facilitates partnerships with external organisations to leverage that change. Our work is driven, in large part by the Issue-based Groups (IBGs) that we coordinate and support. These are led by our members.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the development of the IBGs with administrative tasks like: taking minutes at meetings, scheduling meetings, and maintaining our community platform Zoho to engage and inform members
- Leading the onboarding of new Groups – following our checklist process
- Helping to grow the Groups through member mapping and also identifying possible new members to bring into the Groups
- Conducting outreach to new members
- Supporting our global members by responding to information requests and sign-posting them to opportunities across the community
- Identifying gaps in member experience or focus areas to broaden the scope and ensure inclusivity within the Groups and in the network – we may need a new Group!
- Identifying thought leaders from within and outside of our community to showcase complex issues at our monthly events
- Working with other teams across the secretariat
Requirements and Skills:
- An active interest in global issues and challenges, their complexity and nuances
- Being able to join the dots on how issues intersect and work together, it’s a complex world!
- Proactive in seeking out solutions and pre-empting challenges
- Ability to work in a multicultural and global environment and demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Interest in data visualisation and how to map complex ecosystems
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment; across time zones
- Attention to detail, we’ll notice!
- Desire to work collaboratively, we’re a team!
- Sense of humour; the issues are big but we have fun
- Willingness to learn from experiences, positive as well as challenging
- Fluency in English; other languages would be an asset e.g. Spanish, French
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required
- Finalising or towards the end of your studies, with a strong interest in the SDG’s sustainability, systemic change and social entrepreneurship
- Preferably available immediately, full time for a minimum of six months
- If you like yoga and/ or a G&T…you’re in!
Catalyst 2030 Offers:
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
- On-the-job training opportunities
- No remuneration costs available
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Yvonne Moholt at email@example.com
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the internship is a remote position.*