Catalyst 2030 – A Global Movement of Social Change Innovators
The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks. The movement was founded in reponse to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which shows that, at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved nearly 50 years later than the original target in 2074. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration this pace can be greatly accelerated, and that by joining forces greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time scale.
In brief, the movement is operating on every level: local, national, regional and global. It aims to strengthen collaboration across and between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors and governments. The aim is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thereby accelerate the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
We are currently recruiting interns to help to coordinate a variety of initiatives that are commencing around the world as part of this movement. Catalyst 2030 interns have the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to build skills, experience and connections within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation.
The Catalyst 2030 Innovations Team is responsible for shifting the dominant culture and paradigms working closely with government and civil society to enable structural and systemic change. We are focused on changing consciousness by shifting norms away from a focus on individuality to a belief that individual and community prosperity can be achieved with the same action.
The Systems Change Learning Working Group recognises the complexity of systems change that requires new mental models, cultures, tools, processes and organising approaches. It was established this year to stimulate an on-going evolution of a learning ecosystem from and for social innovators. Our primary goal is to provide rich opportunities for shared learning and create a collective learning community to inform best practices. The Working Group brings together academics and social entrepreneurs to promote a sustainable culture of systems change, while advancing research, informing curricular offerings, and influencing practice, education, and policies.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the development of Systems Change Learning Working Group focusing on learning;
- Supporting monthly group meetings at different stages, from calendar planning and agenda setting to taking minutes and sending follow-up emails;
- Coordinating and organising events focused on systems change learning between social entrepreneurs and peers, as well as events with academic researchers on topics that will assist the growth and scale of social ventures;
- Coordinating systems change events and workshops with the working group facilitator;
- Maintaining our community platform Zoho to engage and inform members;
- Creating, editing and updating documents for various working group purposes;
- Coordinating relations with members within the Catalyst 2030 network;
- Being an active part of the Membership department, supporting their work when needed;
- Working closely with the team planning, organising and coordinating strategic engagement at international conferences and events;
- Working with other teams across the Catalyst 2030 Secretariat;
- Other ad hoc tasks
Requirements and Skills:
- An active interest in global issues and challenges, their complexity and nuances;
- Proactive in seeking out solutions and pre-empting challenges;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and global environment and demonstrate cultural sensitivity;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and across time zones;
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to changing environments;
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn from experience;
- Desire to work collaboratively in a team and stay positive while being up for a challenge;
- Fluency in English; other languages would be an asset e.g. Spanish, French or Arabic;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out and show flexibility if required;
- Preferably available immediately, full time for a minimum of six months;
- Flexibility; we are an organisation which is developing rapidly and tasks and responsibilities might change. We are looking for someone with an open mind who can easily adapt to new tasks and assignments at short notice.
Catalyst 2030 Offers:
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
- On-the-job training opportunities
- No remuneration costs available
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Lamia Makkar at email@example.com
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the internship is a remote position.*