Would you like to be part of a global movement of changemakers?
The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks. The movement was founded in response to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which shows that, at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved in 2074, nearly 50 years later than the original target. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration, this pace can be greatly accelerated, and that by joining forces greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time scale.
The movement operates on every level: local, national, regional and global. It aims to strengthen collaboration between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs, impact investors and governments. The aim is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and so accelerate the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
We are currently recruiting interns to help to coordinate a variety of initiatives that are commencing around the world as part of this fast-growing movement. Catalyst 2030 interns have the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to build skills, experience and connections within the context of a vibrant and inclusive organisation. The Social Media & Communications Intern will work with the in-house team and communication partner on a day-to-day basis.
This is an amazing opportunity to work directly and learn from leading global changemakers.
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the internship can be done remotely. However, if you are based in the Netherlands, then there is a possibility to go to office once per week and work together with other colleagues.*
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage Catalyst 2030 social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp) and update our platforms as needed;
- Creating social media graphics, designs and visuals according to the Catalyst 2030 brand guidelines/templates;
- Collaborate with different departments and support with their social media content and design/visuals needs;
- Assist with managing Catalyst 2030 social media content calendar;
- Brainstorm/offer ideas for social media visuals/projects/opportunities;
- Schedule engaging content to be published on social media at ideal times;
- Assist with monitoring the social media channels and activities;
- Help to grow our social media presence/profiles;
- Assist with curating social media content for events, stand-alone campaigns, and other projects;
- Assist with social media analytics and reporting;
- Respond to comments and DMs on social media platforms;
- Participate in Zoom meetings with people from around the world;
- Support planning and organising Catalysing Change Week 2023 Campaign and Catalyst 2030 Awards 2023;
- Other ad hoc tasks
Requirements and Skills
- Passionate about social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp);
- Creative wizard who can design banners or other visuals for social media, blog posts, etc. Therefore, advantage of Canva, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Affinity and other platforms are a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint in particular;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English; other languages would be an asset, e.g. Spanish, French, Arabic, Hindi;
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to changing environments;
- Good attention to detail and willingness to learn from experience;
- Desire to work collaboratively in a team and stay positive while facing a challenge;
- Willingness to learn from experiences, positive as well as challenging;
- Ability to project prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Preferably available immediately, full-time (or nearly full-time) for a minimum of six months (preferable)
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment, on-the-job training opportunities and experience within an international NGO;
- The ability to organise and coordinate personal projects to improve the work of the organisation;
- Good working atmosphere with a global and dedicated team;
- An opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious social entrepreneurs and innovators;
- Six-month internship contract;
- Vacation days plus national holidays;
- A stipend of maximum 300 Euros a month is offered to interns who do not have access to grants, a scholarship or other means of financial support. This offer is limited by budget and is designed to offer a learning experience to a number of graduate students or recent graduates who would not otherwise be able to apply for this internship.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Liina Liblik at email@example.com
In the motivation letter include the following:
- Describe your background or experience (if applicable) and how that might be connected to fostering the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Detail your past or current work experience (internships/ traineeships/ projects) where you took the lead on a project, if you have such.