What is the Buddy System?
The Buddy System helps to integrate Catalyst 2030 values in peer connections to strengthen the community. This system fosters a unique relationship between two Catalyst members, in which they share their experience, provide inspiration and encouragement, helping each other find a way to achieve objectives inside Catalyst 2030, and facilitates access to resources that may be helpful.
The Buddy System focuses on personal bonding between members.The conversations are a space to ignite curiosity and reflection where members can grow to understand each other and further learnings and collaborations.
Although it can be structured, this is a flexible and dynamic process where both members actively contribute to the relationship, building its strength and character.
What does a Buddy System offer?
- A Buddy system can be a vehicle for onboarding and knowledge sharing used to orient new community members by pairing them with experienced community members.
- It offers a place for reflection and alignment of the member’s interests, skills and experience, with Catalyst 2030.
- Provides Social Impact Leaders with peer support and guidance.
- Provides Social Impact Leaders with personal and professional leadership development tools.
- Provides an environment for collaboration and networking.
How does it work?
The Buddy System is a four-month long programme. After completion of the form you will be contacted by our team and invited to a kick-off session which includes training on mentoring skills and an introduction to your Buddy.
The programme requires a total commitment of eight hours: two hours for the kick-off and training and six hours to connect with your Buddy!
|Networking and bonding||✔|
|Adapted to different languages||✔|
|In-person or virtual||✔|
How do I get started?
- I want to join the Buddy System → Please complete the Buddy System Application form and we’ll get in contact with you!
- I want to know more about the Buddy System → Send us an email!
If you have questions, connect with the Community Building and Engagement Team.