Would you like to be part of a global movement of changemakers?
The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks. The movement was founded in response to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which shows that, at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved in 2074, nearly 50 years later than the original target. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration, this pace can be greatly accelerated, and that by joining forces greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time scale.
The movement operates on every level: local, national, regional and global. It aims to strengthen collaboration between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs, impact investors and governments. The aim is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and so accelerate the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
We are currently recruiting interns to help to coordinate a variety of initiatives commencing around the world as part of our movement. Catalyst 2030 interns get the opportunity to work with young people from various countries and to build skills, experience and connections within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation. The communications intern will be a link between LESA Communications and the Catalyst 2030 Secretariat on day-to-day reporting.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage the social media (SoMe) of the Chief Facilitator (Linkedin and Twitter), including promoting Catalyst 2030 activities and implementing the social media strategy for the Chief Facilitator’s role as a thought leader on her SoMe
- SoMe day-to-day posting and monitoring, including daily engagement with content from Catalyst 2030 members and the wider community
- Content creation for SoMe, emerging concepts and ideas, and other activities
- Brainstorming campaign ideas
- Review, monitor, and analyse SoMe analytics to gauge the success of the SoMe strategy
- Collection of quotes from reports and events to use on tiles for SoMe and other marketing
- Assist in writing, editing and conceptualising diverse documents and concepts for the Chief Facilitator by researching and dictating
- Update and prepare overviews
- Draft and write policy briefs and notes with the support of the Chief Facilitator
- Other ad hoc tasks
Requirements and Skills
- Finalising or towards the end of your studies, with a strong interest in the SDGs sustainability, systemic change and social entrepreneurship
- Fluency in English, other languages would be an asset. For example, Spanish, French, etc.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and global environment and demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with social media marketing and online engagement is preferable but not required
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on attitude, willingness to help out flexibly where required, with a strong member focus, as we are a member-led organisation
- Attention to detail – we will notice
- Desire to work collaboratively – we’re a team
- Sense of humour – the issues are big, but we have fun
- Willingness to learn from experiences, positive as well as challenging
- Preferably available immediately, full time for a minimum of six months
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
- On-the-job training opportunities
- No remuneration costs available
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Paula Conaghan at email@example.com