Would you like to be part of a global movement of changemakers?
Launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos in January 2020, Catalyst 2030 is a social entrepreneur and innovator-led movement responding to this global call to action for people and planet.
The movement was co-founded by a diverse group of social innovators, many as members of our ecosystem partners: Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation of the World Economic Forum and the Skoll Foundation. In 2019, this global group came together to forge what would become Catalyst 2030.
Alongside communities, governments, businesses, funders and others, we are forming inclusive and locally led collaborations, creating connections across borders and cultures.
Together, we are implementing bold new strategies and sustainable solutions to progress the SDGs and to create a more equitable world for all.
One Family Foundation and Catalyst 2030 actively promote equality, diversity and inclusion. We consider the experience of all candidates, irrespective of age, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, disability, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment.
This position is remote and can be carried out from most regions that have at least a six hour overlap with CET working hours.
Catalyst 2030 is seeking a Co-Chief Facilitator
Catalyst 2030 has transformed from its beginnings as a start-up, nimble entrepreneurial enterprise to a fast growing movement. Splitting the critical functions of Catalyst 2030 into two main categories, both working in coordination, is a natural response to the functioning of the organisation, and a natural indicator that two types of leaders are needed to ensure the roles are successfully and effectively carried out. We hope this transition can create effective co-leadership and structures to support this transformation in how organisation works – and how the world works.
The Co-Chief Resource Facilitator is an experienced senior social innovator/entrepreneur who deeply understands the values and ethos of the movement and is closely associated with the movement. This best fit for the role is likely to be a social entrepreneur/innovator transitioning out of her/his own organisation within the membership network, a leader in her/his area of expertise.
Scope of the work
As Co-Chief Facilitator, you will support the membership network of the Catalyst 2030 Secretariat, supporting and accelerating the movement’s growth.
The Co-Chief facilitators will jointly coordinate, and be responsible for, reporting to and organising:
- the Board/Governing Council/Leadership Council
- the General Assembly
- any other emergent governance groups
The Co-Chief Facilitator (Resources Focus) will be responsible for:
- Operations and Finance
- Shifting dominant narratives (communications)
- Creating an enabling environment/ecosystem (corporate and donor)
The core responsibilities of the Co-Chief Facilitator encompasses:
- Leading the enabling environment pillar to shift the narrative and actions of donors and the funding ecosystem;
- Facilitating and enhancing corporate engagement, especially across the value chain and to shift corporate policy and engagement;
- Facilitating the development of an enabling environment for the movement;
- Providing operations leadership and management: overseeing and optimising HR and financial operations to ensure the long term financial health of the organisation, and acting as a representative for the organisation in high-level business and legal affairs, ensuring compliance with grants and contracts and monitoring key performance metrics;
- Catalyst 2030 brand development – Strategising and implementing a comprehensive global communication strategy to enhance the visibility and impact of the Catalyst 2030 brand and maintaining high standards in media relations, digital marketing, and event management;
- Influencing foundation and corporate funding – Driving a paradigm shift in the narrative and fund flows of foundations and corporations, creating an enabling environment for the sector and the broader movement. This entails fostering collaborations and partnerships to attract resources and support for advancing the mission.
- An award winning social entrepreneur
- 10-15 years of global work experience
- An active member of Catalyst 2030, ideally someone who has volunteered multiple hours per month in chapters, collaborations or any other aspects
- Excellent capacity building, team building, management and coordination skills
- Ability and willingness to work in challenging and changing environments and to address challenges and find solutions
- Keen analytic, organisational and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with an ability to prioritise, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to empowering the diverse communities served by Catalyst 2030
- Someone who has a deep understanding of the movement
One Family Offers
- A competitive salary in line with the guidelines outlined for the sector in the Netherlands, range of 120,000 – 210,000 EUR gross per year including 8% holiday pay. (The final offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience, seniority level, geographical location and other relevant factors).
- 32 paid leave days including Dutch national holidays
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
- Working in a dynamic network of more than 1,000 organisations across the globe, including Skoll Foundation, Ashoka, Schwab Foundation and Echoing Green
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2 October 2023. After this date, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis till the position is filled. The start date of the position is 1 January, 2024.
For more information about the position, please email email@example.com