Catalyst is seeking an Enabling Environment Private Sector Coordinator
Launched at the World Economic Forum in January 2020, Catalyst 2030 is a global community of social entrepreneurs, funders and other social change innovators who believe collaborative action and bold, new strategies are needed to address the crises of our time.
Joining forces with communities, governments, businesses, funders and others, Catalyst 2030 members are working toward changing systems at all levels. Cumulatively, members have already impacted the lives of millions, often with limited resources. Together, we envision the advancement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for all.
About the role
Do you believe the private sector can drive sustainability and deliver long-term value? Are you excited to influence corporate behaviour to prioritise people and the planet?
Catalyst 2030 is looking for an action-orientated Private Sector Enabling Environment Coordinator who is comfortable working with people – intrapreneurs, company leaders and social entrepreneurs. As the Enabling Environment Coordinator you will have a sound understanding of what it takes for private sector actors to drive change and pursue sustainable practice, globally. You will be familiar with regulatory environments and how they impact the private sector. You will easily spot opportunities within the Catalyst 2030 movement of social innovators/entrepreneurs to develop collaborations, support existing activity and bring people together to collaborate. You will support the development of the private sector strategy, utilising current work from the movement, specifically the groups working on the Catalyst 2030 Business Commitment and Catalyst Market. You will work closely with Catalyst 2030 members, supporting and coordinating their initiatives and capturing their vision, the barriers and challenges they face; and prioritising them in the movement.
The Enabling Environment Coordinator will be ready to oversee and manage Catalyst 2030’s initiatives related to private sector social responsibility and sustainability. The role will be a hands-on one; coordinating and implementing strategies and programmes that build and strengthen an ecosystem of private sector actors which partner with mission-locked social entrepreneurs to achieve social and environmental change.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working across the Catalyst 2030 membership, via Working Groups and Chapters to understand the needs of the membership and the private sector-related pain points they face in their ecosystems
- Assimilating this information, in tandem with the Enabling Environment Facilitator, to develop a cohesive, action-oriented strategy for private sector engagement.
- Developing and executing a plan of action for the roll out, engagement and adoption by private sector organisations with the Catalyst Business commitment.
- Coordinating the Business Commitment Working Group.
- Working closely with Catalyst Market to support the sales and marketing strategy.
- Delivering against ambitious engagement and adoption targets.
- Supporting member’s collaborations with coordination where their work intersects with the private sector.
- Working with members to develop two collaborations – a private-sector council of senior leaders and a working group of intrapreneurs.
- Working across the movement to promote activities and support narrative shifts.
Career growth and development
We put people (and nature) at the centre of what we do. It’s one of our core values. You will be central to the success of the movement, and we are committed to your development. With an ever-growing network of social innovators, academics, governments and funders, there are many opportunities to grow and develop at innovative learning sessions throughout the year, on everything from systems change to spotlights on experts at the monthly donor learning group.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager and regular feedback on your performance. We hold appraisals every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organisation and build a rewarding long-term career.
Qualifications and experience
For this role we invite applications from people who have 5 years demonstrable experience working with or within the private sector to achieve social and environmental goals, including within multi-stakeholder initiatives, businesses themselves or NGOs that collaborate with business.
Preferred start date
As soon as possible
Home-based remote working from anywhere in the world, albeit it with circa four business hours crossover with Central European time (CET), or the ability to schedule work patterns to incorporate those hours.
- A highly interesting position in a young, dynamic and international organization
- A competitive salary dependent on years of experience and location
- 23 vacation days a year, plus the Dutch national holidays
- A positive working atmosphere with a small and dedicated global team
- Remote working anywhere across the globe with an overlap of at least four hours with CE(S)T
30 May 2023
How to apply
Send your resume/CV and motivation letter in English and in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 May 2023.
To find out more about our work look at our website
One Family Foundation and Catalyst 2030 actively promote equality, diversity and inclusion. We consider experience of all candidates, irrespective of age, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, disability, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment.