Catalyst 2030 – A Global Movement of Social Change Innovators
Catalyst 2030 comprises social enterprises, NGOs, intermediaries, funders and other social change innovators, collaborating in this urgent moment to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We live in a unique era of human progress. Extreme poverty, malnutrition, violence, and infectious disease have plummeted, while life expectancy, literacy rates, and electricity access have soared. Yet, severe inequalities in income, health, education, and representation disadvantage billions around the world. Meanwhile, humanity’s growing ecological footprint is threatening many of the natural systems we all depend on—such as climate, oceans, land, biodiversity, and fresh water—which are nearing irreversible tipping points. These crises often intersect, creating conditions ripe for instability and conflict.
We may be the last generation that can act to reverse these trends. Catalyst 2030 believes that collective action and bold, new strategies are needed to address the crises of our time. Joining forces with communities, governments, businesses, and others, Catalyst 2030 members are working toward changing systems at all levels. Cumulatively, members have already impacted the lives of millions, often with limited resources. Together, we envision the realisation of the SDGs for all.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and motivation in English before Sunday, 5 September 2021 to: Paula Conaghan, firstname.lastname@example.org
CATALYST 2030 IS SEEKING A MEMBERSHIP & ENGAGEMENT FACILITATOR
(This is a Remote Position)
The candidate is an entrepreneurial, creative and successful networker and network facilitator. You are a strategic thinker and can turn your strategies into workable processes and policies. You are confident and proactive with 10-12 years of experience and have experience in managing diverse teams and being part of a management team. This role requires collaboration with the Catalyst 2030 network and all of the working groups, so you will need to be able to engage key stakeholders to work towards common goals within a complex international structure. In addition, you have excellent communication and English language skills, and both written and spoken and fluency in at least one of the other 6 official UN languages. You are familiar with and able to coordinate between several MIS tools and platforms including Salesforce and ZoHo. You are ordered and timely in your work. You will report to the Chief Facilitator.
Building the movement
- Identify and onboard high level potential members/networks and facilitate their active participation to strengthen the movement;
- Monitor and facilitate smooth running of membership process, ensuring new members are onboarded in an efficient and timely manner;
- Develop and maintain lines of communication both with, and between, network members;
- Lead a small diverse team dedicated to network monitoring and engagement;
- Be a member of the facilitation (management) team;
- Build continuing mechanisms to identify and represent member needs and engagement;
- Ensure follow-ups and support, organise (or partner with network members to organise) activities and identify opportunities to utilise and develop the knowledge, tools and skills identified by the network;
- Work with the Collaborations team to support connections between network members and other initiatives; using existing meetings, convenings and conferences to connect members; and as appropriate, and needed, playing a convening role;
- Provide reports and position papers for both the Membership Working Group and the network as required;
- Coordinate informational flows between working groups and the Secretariat, creating and monitoring advantageous linkages;
- Monitor network health on an ongoing basis;
- Receive requests coming into the network from members and direct to relevant people as appropriate.
- A highly interesting position in a young, dynamic and international organisation
- A competitive salary in line with the guidelines outlined for the sector in the Netherlands
- 23 vacation days a year
- Good working atmosphere in a small and dedicated team