Would you like to be part of a global movement of changemakers?The One Family Foundation is a small family foundation with big ambitions, run by one of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs. Our open door policy and collaborative working methods have quickly led to high net worth individuals, organisations and social entrepreneurs joining forces with us to create a network that is enhancing and growing impact across the globe. One Family and its many partners aim to solve social issues to trigger change for the better in the world. We strongly believe collaboration is the key to creating a more equitable world for all citizens, especially the most vulnerable. The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks. The movement was founded in response to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which shows that, at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved in 2074, nearly 50 years later than the original target. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration, this pace can be greatly accelerated, and that by joining forces greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time scale. The movement operates on every level: local, national, regional and global. It aims to strengthen collaboration between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs, impact investors and governments. The aim is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and so accelerate the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
About the Role
This important role is a great mix of Executive Assistant and Policy and Communications Officer. In this role you will be working closely with the Chief Facilitator of Catalyst 2030, not only assisting her to schedule and manage appointments, but you will also take on the task of writing emergent policy and strategic concept notes. You will work on the front line of the organisation, connecting with our membership and helping to translate their ideas into coherent policy documents and concept notes. You will assist the Chief Facilitator, leading Social Entrepreneurs and high-level stakeholders with their work on systems changing collaborations. You will help create and manage social media content specifically for the Chief Facilitator.
We are seeking a natural organiser with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The successful candidate will be comfortable working within a dynamic organisation, able to articulate complex ideas, as well as. knowledgeable and comfortable operating diverse technology platforms and software. As a keen team player, the candidate will be ready to work across our secretariat departments, seamlessly engaging with our membership and external stakeholders. Two to four years of relevant work experience, including previous policy writing experience is required for this role, which is ideally suited to an individual who is extremely well organised and structured in managing workflow. The position reports directly to the Chief Facilitator.
- Managing the agenda and contacts of the Chief Facilitator
- Scheduling, organising and preparing for meetings with key stakeholders by providing research materials and assisting with the creation of the agenda
- Providing concept and policy notes to take new initiatives forward
- Working with the Chief Facilitator, the working group chairs and members to coordinate event sessions at Catalysing Change Week and ongoing events throughout the year
- Providing assistance to help develop an evolving member website area to guide the membership journey
- Creating social media content and supporting the Chief Facilitator
- Ad hoc tasks to provide overall support.
Career Growth and Development
We put people (and nature) at the centre of what we do. It’s one of our core principals. You will be central to the success of the movement and we are committed to your development. With an ever growing network of social innovators, academics, governments and funders, associated with Catalyst 2030, there are many opportunities to grow and develop at innovative learning sessions throughout the year. These learning opportunities cover everything from systems change to spotlight sessions featuring experts at our monthly donor learning groups.
You will have weekly check-ins with the Chief Facilitator and regular feedback on your performance. We hold appraisals every six months and set time aside to discuss your aspirations and career goals. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape a growing organisation and build a rewarding long-term career.
Qualifications and Experience
For this role we invite applications from people who have:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- A graduate degree
- Solid experience in administration with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional English writing skills with the ability to understand and synthesise complex information
- Capability to nurture contacts at various levels
- Experience balancing complex schedules, meetings logistics and priorities
- Experience in the international development or social sector
- Excellent administrative skills
- Flexible work hours with overtime expected and open to taking on new unforeseen tasks
- Ability to multitask and go above and beyond to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop strategic engagement plans for individuals and organisations
Preferred Start Date
Home based remote working, with circa six business hours cross over with Central European time (CET) or the ability to schedule work patterns to incorporate these hours. For Netherlands based colleagues at least one day per week in the office in Haarlem.
- A highly interesting position in a young, dynamic, international organisation
- A competitive salary in line with the guidelines outlined for the sector in the Netherlands, of € 2500 – €3500 gross per month including 8% holiday pay, depending on years of relevant experience
- 23 vacation days a year, holidays per year plus the Dutch national holidays
- A positive working atmosphere with a small and dedicated global team
14 August 2022.
How to Apply
Please send your resume/CV and motivation letter in PDF format to email@example.com before 14 August 2022.
To find out more about our work look at our website
As per our global recruitment policy, this is a remote position.
One Family Foundation and Catalyst 2030 actively promote equality, diversity and inclusion. We consider experience of all candidates, irrespective of age, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, disability, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment.