Would you like to be part of a global movement of changemakers?
Catalyst 2030 is a global movement of more than 1,900 social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks of social innovators. The movement was founded in response to research carried out by the Social Progress Imperative which showed at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) would only be achieved in 2074. Catalyst 2030 members believe that with collaboration this pace can be accelerated. By joining forces, greater impact can be achieved in a shorter time.
The network operates locally, nationally, regionally and globally. It aims to strengthen collaboration across and between civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors, business and governments. Our goal is to scale up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thereby accelerate the impact that will help to achieve the SDGs by 2030.
About the internship
Catalyst 2030 offers the intern the opportunity to work with young people from around the world, and to be challenged professionally within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation. The ideal candidate is a masters student or a graduate with a background in international relations and affairs, international law, international development, social sciences or similar.
India’s large community of social innovators and entrepreneurs are some of the most active and
innovative changemakers in the world. Catalyst 2030 has a strong membership among these innovative social entrepreneurs in India, who have taken on the vast responsibility to bring about social change.
In the past one-year alone, more than Catalyst 2030 social entrepreneurs from India have directly impacted more than 30 million people across India, addressing various vulnerabilities arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have seen them strengthening systems of access to: healthcare, COVID-19 appropriate behaviours, vaccine advocacy, technology, supply chains of essential commodities, technical assistance and assistance to adapt to the continually changing scenario of saving lives. They have reduced the pressing challenges facing the most vulnerable groups of people by providing equitable access to healthcare and assisting with the reconstruction of their livelihoods.
- Coordinate and support chapter members by carrying out tasks related to membership mapping and engagement
- Work closely with chapters and social entrepreneurs, focusing on systems change to achieve the SDGs
- Coordinate/support internal and external activities, including local or international meetings, travel and other logistics, drafting and editing of minutes, presentations and partners communications via email or telephone
- Assist with the production and editing of diverse documents
- Ensure good representation in the region by mapping areas and SDGs engagement
- Report to the chapter coordinator
- Ensure the correct management of the membership data and information
- Support the membership department to onboard new members in the India region with due diligence, connecting and guiding new members within the chapter
Requirements and Skills
- Finalising or nearing the end of your university studies (ideally a Master’s Degree)
- A strong interest in the SDGs, sustainability, systemic change and social entrepreneurship, familiar with the interests and cultures of the region
- Fluency in English. Other languages would be an added advantage, for example, Hindi.
- Internationally orientated
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required
- Strong interest and familiarity with India’s regional issues
- Preferably available immediately for a minimum of six months
- Record of excellence
- The opportunity to work alongside high level social entrepreneurs
- A Fellowship training scheme leading to the possibility of being absorbed in the global network as a paid staffer if all conditions are met
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
- On-the-job training opportunities
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Rameez Alam at email@example.com
Applications without a supporting letter that demonstrates how you meet the profile requirements will not be considered.
*The internship will be a remote working position*