Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The United Nation’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals are a comprehensive plan to achieve a better future for all. The 17 Goals provide a blueprint for eliminating extreme poverty, reducing inequalities, rehabilitating our natural environment, ensuring access to justice, improving well-being, and building the global partnerships needed for sustainable development—all by 2030.
End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
Protect, restore & promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, & halt & reverse land degradation & halt biodiversity loss
Promote peaceful & inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all & build effective, accountable & inclusive institutions at all levels
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
The need for collaboration
According to the Social Progress Index, at the current rate of progress, the Sustainable Development Goals will not be achieved until decades after the deadline set by the UN. The effects of this delay will be devastating for billions.
The Catalyst 2030 vision is to achieve the SDGs by 2030 through an unprecedented mobilisation of social entrepreneurs, partners, and resources. By working together, we are ensuring that all 17 goals be addressed as part of an interrelated bigger picture, and not in isolation.
Sustainable Development Goals FAQs
What are the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN - SDGs)?
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals, are part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. They include 169 targets that all UN Member States have agreed to work towards achieving by the year 2030.
What are the 17 Goals?
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- Partnerships to achieve the Goals
What are the 169 targets?
See the Wikipedia List of Sustainable Development Goal targets and indicators for a full list of SDG goal targets.
How will Catalyst 2030 help to achieve the SDGs?
Being a growing collective of social innovators already representing most of the world’s countries, Catalyst 2030 will facilitate the building of meaningful partnerships across regions, sectors and causes, amongst multiple stakeholders.
Catalyst 2030 has a dual objective of both changing the ecosystem and catalysing collaborations supported by a solid movement foundation.
- Catalyse Collaboration: Improve connectivity and transparency between social entrepreneurs to achieve more partnerships and projects that accelerate progress of the SDGs.
- Change the Ecosystem: Advocate with system partners for improvement of the ecosystem and changing the wider appreciation of what social entrepreneurs can bring.
- Fuel the Movement: Engage external stakeholders to showcase achievements of the movement.
- Build & Maintain the Movement Foundation: Co-create and operate the Catalyst 2030 support infrastructure, keep the movement thriving and members focused on impact.
How many of the SDG targets is Catalyst 2030 addressing?
For an up to date member mapping tool, visit: https://catalyst2030.net/member-list-by-sdg/ This filtering tool shows areas that members are operating in. Clicking on specific countries, SDGs and the little target squares will filter the data to provide specific information for your areas of interest.