In case you missed it, here is a recording of the Catalyst 2030 session during the 2020 Virtual Skoll World Forum Week.
Session Description: Many social entrepreneurs (SEs) use a systems mindset to address social problems. Most face challenges in attracting the type of funding needed for a systems change approach. What can donors learn from SEs and each other, and what can SEs learn from donors about funding systems change impact?
This virtual and interactive session will explore:
• The case for pursuing and funding systems change;
• Reasons why donors are attracted or not attracted to supporting systems change;
• Challenges SEs face in attracting funding for systems change;
• What donors can learn from each other and from SEs concerning good practices for supporting systems change;
• What SEs can learn from donors and each other about pursuing systems change; and
• Other related topics
Our panel will consist of both donors and doers, including several who can provide both perspectives:
- Tim Hanstad, Chandler Foundation CEO (Moderator)
- Olivia Leland, Co-Impact CEO
- Cheryl Dorsey, Echoing Green President / Catalyst 2030 President
- Jeroo Billamoria, One Family Foundation Founder / Catalyst 2030 Co-Founder
- Sofia Michelakis, Giving Pledge Lead and Deputy Director, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation